Friday 20 July 2007

So what are you saying, it doesn't work???


Here is another piece of journalistic brilliance from the Sydney Yawning Herald. Apparently they too have discovered that the absolute majority of HIV infection comes from homosexual activity and heterosexual promiscuity. Well, you could knock me over with a feather!

Homosexuality, promiscuity... danger... let me think for a minute... I seem to have heard that same idea somewhere else... ahh yes!!! Now I remember- the Catholic Church. 

It's funny when you say the same thing for two thousand years no one listens. You put it in a newspaper and everyone nods their head and claps their hands. I wonder if in that survey they did a test on the number of HIV cases that come from chaste lives? Husbands and wives loving each other faithfully and young teens committed to living as Christians- how many infections from them? I might need a calculator...

Instead of coming to the obvious conclusion that a promiscuous lifestyle is never going to be safe, they try and shift the blame to a lack of knowledge. You have got to be kidding me?

"The rise also raised questions about the effectiveness of current HIV prevention strategies, said professor Kaldo, who called for new ways of promoting health messages to the gay community."

Please, why don't they try the message- 'STOP!" A novel idea.

I can't go into an airport, a pub or even the library without someone thrusting a condom in my face. They're free, they're available and they're everywhere, except you know where... 

Some people need a reality check- the 'condom mentality' doesn't work because the phenomenon of promiscuity is not something the kids get up to just because they are kids. Such a lifestyle brings with it an attitude of irresponsibility to everything. If you begin to treat someone else as an object it is not too long before you realise that others have been doing the same thing to you. I don't care about others, others don't care about me... 'I JUST DON'T CARE AT ALL.' This is the real cause of the problem, NOT THAT THEY JUST DON"T KNOW.

The other thing is that condom use obviously requires some kind of discipline, something that the cultural engineers of death don't actually tell you. The choice is not what they tell you it is- between the easy and the impossible- it's a choice between life and death.

No comments: